Saturday, January 16, 2010

New Year, New Post



Wow- I haven't posted for over a month. This promises to be short. I am excited about actually knitting through a lot of my stash thanks to my friend knitcrit's (her Ravelry name) Ravelry group LOTSAFOS10
- you have to be a member of Ravelry for the link to work. Some famous podcasters have joined! Cuteknitter, Missviolet - and I am sure there are others there. Some lists are very long - maybe folks who have lots of time, knit in their sleep, or have lots of UFO's that re less than 50% done and qualify for making the list. Actually I just counted 29 on my list. Whoa - that's more than 2 a month...
January is when I start thinking about my summer. Well, with the economic woes, I don't know what I'll be doing. Some ideas that range from possible to improbable are:
  • UK Knit Camp at the University of Stirling in central Scotland during the second week of August: 9th August 2010 - 13th August 2010, with The Ravelry Weekend taking place on 13th- 14th August 2010. There's a trip to Shetland following this but I have to be at work by August 16th (academic schedule isn't flexible).
  • rent a house on Cape Cod - Outer Cape - for a week
  • the Golden Gate Fiber Institute Summer Intensive

2 comments:

Chelette said...

I am hoping to knit from my stash also no plans to buy yarn until March 21..crossing my fingers on that one. I dont have alot of UFO's, but as I look at my stash I wish I could knit in my sleep, what was I thinking.

cici said...

Happy New Year! I have joined this group, but my list is short. I will have to add as I go. I can't think that far ahead and don't want to bite off more than I can chew. I need to plan my vacations for the year though, because last year I was too late putting in my request and didn't get none of the time off that I wanted. Tchau♥