Sunday, January 6, 2008

Should I go to Stitches West?

I’ll be in Monterey for a conference Thurs.-Sun Feb. 21-24, and was thinking about playing hooky to go to Stitches. I was happy to see the map with list of vendors in a Ravelry Forum, because if you look at the website for Stitches West, there are only four yarn vendors listed! It might seem ridiculous that I could actually believe that there’d be only four, but I heard from friends who went to Stitches East this year that there were many fewer vendors than last year. Apparently, on Sat. and Sun. there were problems in Baltimore. Sat. roads were closed for a marathon and Sunday because of a football game, I heard parking cost $39!!!! I talked to a local small business who exhibited this year, and said that business was down on Sat. and Sun., and she probably won’t do it again next year. Though having Stitches East in Baltimore is great for us in the DC area, apparently, it was better when it was in King of Prussia PA. After hearing the negative reviews of Stitches East 2007, I wasn’t sure about going to Stitches West.

No comments: